What is VMware Site Recovery Manager?
VMware Site Recovery Manager is an industry-leading DR solution that enables application availability and mobility across sites for vSphere-based private cloud environments. Site Recovery Manager is an automation software that integrates with an underlying replication technology to provide automated orchestration of recovery plans and non-disruptive testing.
What’s New in this release?
- Integration with vRealize Operations Manager through a new management pack – the vRealize Operations Management Pack for Site Recovery Manager 6.5.
- Support for vSphere Virtual Volumes through vSphere Replication.
- Support for silent installation, upgrade, and uninstallation.
- Introducing enhancements to Site Recovery Manager 6.5 Public API.
- Support for the vCenter Server HA feature. Site Recovery Manager works normally in the event that vCenter Server HA fails over to another vCenter Server node.
- Support for migration of a vCenter Server installation on Windows to a vCenter Server Appliance installation during upgrade.
- Support for the Virtual Machine Encryption feature with Storage Policy Protection Groups (SPPGs).
- Support for Test Recovery operation when the protected and recovery sites are disconnected.
- Integration with VMware Analytics Cloud (VAC). Site Recovery Manager is now participating in the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP).
SRM 6.5 Certified Storage Replication Adapters:
A total of eight SRM ecosystem partners are delivering Site Recovery Manager 6.5 compatible Storage Replication Adapters at Day 0 (Dell, Huawei, EMC, NetApp, Pure Storage, IBM, HPE, NEC).
For the full list of available SRAs, please refer to the VMware Compatibility Guide